Winter, we’re breaking up.
The dry air is finally taking it’s toll. I have a crack on the side of my hand, and woke up to a bleeding split lip. Most mornings, I don’t feel as if I’m going to work but rather, going into battle, adding layer upon layer until I’m sure the cold can’t get through (I’m typically wrong).
I’m dreaming of a getaway that doesn’t include Thinsulate-lined anything in my suitcase.
- I love vacations that have a ton of physical activity. Our last trip included snorkeling, kayaking, and sailing.
- Have cabin fever but don’t have a lot of time to get away? Check out this book, which has 150 weekend getaways. We’ve referenced it before a few recent trips, and it pointed us to some awesome spots.
- Part of why I love lots of physical activity on vacations is because I love to eat on vacations. I research where I want to eat first, and plan the rest around that. This book has recommendations from 400 of the world’s top chefs, and there’s an app so you can have the guide on-the-go.
- I keep my toiletries to a minimum when traveling. I typically use a Ziplock sandwich baggie to hold my liquids, but this pink Truffle bag is a more attractive option. It’s TSA approved for your carry-on, but would be equally as helpful holding ear buds, lip gloss, and all those little things that get scattered around your bag.
- A lightweight waterproof map that’s meant to be crumpled? Yes please.
- My carry-on, purchased in Chinatown for twenty bucks when my shoulder was tired of hauling my weekender, has finally bit the dust. This bronze one is attractive, durable, and reasonably priced!
Do you have a vacation planned? Tell me, tell me! I want to live vicariously through you.