Oh Boston. There are so many wonderful things in this city, but we’re lacking in sample sales. I love designer pieces, but definitely thrive on scoring a good deal. (Plus, I work hard for my money and I want to make it go as far as I can!)
Good news for me…and anyone else who loves designer items for less than their retail price…the Gilt City Warehouse Sale is coming up! Grab your wallets and meet me at The Cyclorama (539 Tremont Street in Boston’s South End). Starting on Friday evening and going to Saturday afternoon, you can shop some major labels for less dough.
The Gilt Sample Sale will offer stylish shoes, handbags, apparel and home decor from coveted designers like Balenciaga, Prada, Valentino and Paul Smith—all at up to 80 percent off retail. Last year I was able to snag a pair of Jimmy Choo monkstrap flats at a fraction of the price.
Besides bargains, there’s a lot of cool perks once inside:
- Complimentary Chateau d’Esclans Whispering Angel rosé
- Personal styling advice from celebrity stylist, Tonya Mezrich
- On-demand alterations and tailoring from Dependable Cleaners
- ROYCE New York pop-up shop with leather accessories and complimentary onsite monogramming
- Crane & Lion athleisure pop-up
- Braiding and dry hairstyling from SalonCapri
- Pop-up jewelry shop from April Soderstrom
Quick tips for navigating a sample sale
- Leave your big bags and jacket at home to skip the coat-check line.
- Wear shoes that you can slip on/off to try on shoes quickly and easily.
- Go with a plan and with a friend. Keep each other honest.
- Brand-blindness is real, and don’t buy something just because it’s marked way down. Make sure you love whatever you buy!
- If something doesn’t fit completely perfectly, think about getting it tailored. Keep in mind that it’s easier to tailor something that’s a little too big than a little too small.
Tickets on sale now here.
(And if you go, let me know what you snagged!)